Ramon Mascarenas is an accomplished and versatile massage therapist who is dedicated to learning and growing as a practitioner. In the many aspects of his work, Ramon continually receives positive feedback from clients about both his unique style of massage and the positive effects of his therapeutic approach.
Born in Manila, Philippines, Ramon’s family immigrated to Honolulu, Hawaii in 1972. In 1976 they moved to Illinois and he has lived in Chicago ever since. Ramon lives with his wife in the northwest suburbs of Chicago and has two wonderful daughters.
His wealth of experience in many different careers has fueled Ramon’s passion for learning and growing as a person. His success as a graphic designer, professional photographer, and rehab residential properties have all led him to this career. It was his search for deeper meaning in his work that brought him to his true calling: massage therapy.
Lomi Lomi Fusion™
Ramon was reintroduced to the Hawaiian culture when he met one of his wonderful instructors at Harper College in Palatine, IL during his formal massage training. He is blessed to have been trained in the ancient art of Lomi Lomi ‘Ka” by his teacher, mentor, colleague, and friend, Daniel Moore, LMT, NCBTMB. His work with Daniel instilled in him a growing respect and love for this type of work, which was developed by the family lineage of A’o Kupuna Parker Kaipo Kaneakua Sr. of Oahu.
Ramon was fortunate to meet the Kumu (teacher) Uncle Kaipo and other Kumu masters at the Lomi Lomi Conference in Kona, Hawaii in 2013. This multi-day, hands-on workshop only increased his thirst for more Lomi Lomi training. In August 2014, Ramon completed a 3-day
workshop under Kaipo Kaneakua Sr (Uncle Kaipo) and Daniel Moore in Schaumburg, Illinois.
With the guidance and training he received, Ramon began to explore his own style and to integrate Lomi Lomi with the many other modalities he regularly practices. For Ramon, a new style of massage was born. His new-found creativity and intuition has led him to explore alternative ways of treating clients. He calls this style Lomi Lomi Fusion™. To learn more about Lomi Lomi Fusion, click here.
- Member of American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)
- Member of Lomi Lomi Association
- IL State License No: 227.015844
- Graduated from Harper College, May 2013, 780 hours
- Trained in Lomi Lomi “Ka” under Daniel Moore and Uncle Kaipo Kaneakua of Oahu.
- Lomi Lomi “Ka” Hawaiian Massage II, 16 CE by Daniel Moore, LMT, NCBTMB
- Lomi Lomi “Ka” Wela Pohaku Hawaiian Massage III (Advance Techniques with hot stone), 8 CE by Daniel Moore, LMT, NCBTMB
- Advanced Trigger Point Techniques for Low Back, Mid Back and Abdominal by Mary Biancalana, MS Edu, CMTPT, LMT
- Advanced Trigger Point Techniques for Buttocks and Hip by Mary Biancalana, MS Edu, CMTPT, LMT
- Opu huli ma’i “Ka” (Preserving the family tradition - Lomi Lomi “Ka”) by A’o Kupuna Parker Kaipo Kaneakua Sr.
- Compassionate Touch, 16 CE by Ann Catlan, LMT
- Volunteer since June 2014 at Arlington Heights Senior Center as a massage therapist
- Private practice since Sept 2013 under PalmLeaf Massage Clinic
Schedule an appointment today, Call HealthSmart at 847.272.1000.
Complement your NUCCA care with a therapeutic massage. Experience the difference Lomi Lomi Fusion Massage can make in your life.
Meet Ramon Mascarenas, LMT | Lomi Lomi ‘Ka’ | Lomi Lomi Fusion | Testimonials